Yakisoba (Classic Japanese Stir Fry Noodles)

I particularly like Japanese street food. How can I miss Yakisoba - "fried noodles", a traditional Japanese street food? I couldn't go to Japan to enjoy it as much as I wanted, so I tried to do it at home. It's very simple and easy.

Yakisoba (Japanese Stir Fry Noodles)01


To make this dish, I need to find Japanese frying noodles. It is not difficult to find different brands in any Asian supermarket in Australia. I have tried several types of pasta. It breaks easily during or even before frying. But the flavor is still good, as long as you don't mind if the yield isn't perfect. It's like fried noodles cut into small pieces.

Yakisoba (Japanese Stir Fry Noodles)02


Yakisoba can be a quick meal or a snack. Making this fried noodle dish is really simple and easy. I only used the staples and stuffing that I always keep in my kitchen. For convenience, I've chosen another way to use Len & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce in my fridge to make the sauce.

Yakisoba (Japanese Stir Fry Noodles)04

For real flavor, buy Bull-Dog Sauce at a Japanese store or Asian grocery store. You should adjust the amount of juice accordingly. Yakisoba sauce is sweet and the amount of sugar in this recipe can be adjusted to your taste. This is the biggest advantage of doing it yourself at home.

Yakisoba Ingredients


Look, this Japanese-style fried noodle dish is topped with Japanese-style red ginger, covered in seaweed powder. The flavor is wonderful.
Continue reading.
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url